Thursday, January 14, 2010

morons: how twisted right wingers are

I have been able to tolerate many different opinions from a multitude of people on why the world is the way it is. I have come to that place where finally, the simple fact is right winger Christians like Pat Robertson are morons. His statement this morning that Hatti is being punished by his god for the slaves making a pact with the devil to free them from French slavery slapped me from my complacency.

Hello?

I had to back up my DVD recorder and re-watch it several times, the outlandish statement took that long to sink in completely. Apparently the Rev. Robertson talks to the devil now. I wonder if the man we know as Jesus Christ were to come back today, what would he have to say about this outlandish statement? Would he text His Father up in heaven and ask..Hey, Dad, Have you spoken to Pat again, because he got it all wrong again.

Hence my problem with religion; How could anyone claim that God is an all loving, all omnipotent and benevolent being who created everything just for humanity, and also creates the chaos, pain and suffering, hunger,bigotry, inhumane treatment, acts of nature that cause so many so much pain and suffering? I grew up with the lesson that 'we are not supposed to know, just accept that God has his reasons', though I am not at all sure god is a he, if in fact the entity does exist.

I am not sure how to end this hatefulness or address the issue of holier-than-thou's lying outright without rebuff.

1 comment:

Lord Wellbourne said...

Why should this surprise you? After all, he's the same 'enlightened' person who said Hurricane Katrina was God's judgment on the wicked decadence of New Orleans. Even though the French Quarter--where most of this 'decadence' is centered--was barely scathed by the storm. Apparently God has it in for the hard-working people of Mississippi and Alabama as well. In short, one can make the assumption that Pat Robertson's God is myopic and has lousy aim. Someone hand that deity a pair of bifocals and a prozac!